One of the most interesting things I've observed since entering into the "Cannabis Space" is the opportunity for ancillary professional business services. With a handle on the lingo and a healthy budget for the calendar of events one could easily penetrate the warm market of the emerging California Cannabis Industry.
How could professional business services impact the cannabis industry?
- Maturity & sophistication of the cannabis culture & businesses
- Solutions to banking, investment & business barriers
- Well funded innovation & business venture
- Lagging regulation struggling to keep up with inventive business ventures and consumer trends
- Frustrated law enforcement
- Bewildered & frightened community leaders
- Continued prosecution, fines, attorneys & destroyed livelihoods.
Maturity of the cannabis industry has been happening at a rapid pace. The sophistication is meeting both the demand and consumer expectations; investors are flocking, business is already booming! It won't be long before banks are open to do business with the industry, soon to be happily enjoying the fruits of profitable business investments.
Unfortunately, what I've seen so far is the industry is by far out pacing regulation, and has been for about 20 years now. With the adoption of new laws and ordinances there's sure to be misunderstandings and mistakes interpreting said laws and ordinances, resulting in disruption in the pursuit of life, liberty and happiness of American people.
Our community leaders, naturally are conditioned to seek approval from constituents as they struggle to set guidelines for an industry they still understand little about.
Law Enforcement will now have something solid to hold industry participants to. The line between civil and criminal will continue to be interpreted, let's just hope without too many trials and tribulations.
We're just getting into the thick of things, don't crap out yet!